We are happy to announce the second PULCHRA Workshop on “City Challenges, Open Schooling and The Cities as Urban Ecosystems” that will be held online on Tuesday 30 November 2021.
The aim of the Workshop is to provide the opportunity for schools to share experience with PULCHRA City Challenges and present their results. The workshop will also open a field for discussion on opportunities and barriers of Open Schooling, engagement of stakeholders in school projects and provide an opportunity for international networking.
The webinar will be organized on the ZOOM Platform. To join, please register through this form: https://forms.gle/5Ld5s7BJji93TfRq9
“City Challenges – Open Schooling – The Cities as Urban Ecosystems”
30th of November, 2021
Host: Charles University and TEREZA Educational Centre, Czech Republic
Time and place: 10:30 – 16:45 CET, ZOOM Platform
Registration link: https://forms.gle/5Ld5s7BJji93TfRq9
10.30 -10.50 Opening of Workshop
- Opening and welcome by Pr. Constantinos Cartalis, project manager PULCHRA, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- Keynote speech by Alise Oļesika, The Head of the Education Department of the UNESCO National Commision, Latvia
10.50– 11.40 Open Schooling and science grounded in students’ inquiry
- Inquiry based learning workshop: Vendula Jansová, Lenka Kleger, TEREZA Educational Centre, Czech Republic
- Open-schooling concept – experience from other European projects
11.40 – 12.30 Research and Communication Tools in PULCHRA
- Remote sensing Tool: Premysl Stych, Josef Lastovicka – Charles University, Czech Republic
- PULCHRA App: Christina Garoufalia – Corallia, Greece
12.30 – 13.30 Lunch
13.30 – 14.00 PULCHRA Projects Matter. Why let the world know about your activities.
- Marie Drahoňovská, journalist and author of the PULCHRA Handbook of a Young Reporter, Czech Republic
14.00 – 15.00 Challenges in our city, school presentations
- Presentations of the work of PULCHRA schools: teachers and students sharing their results and experiences.
15.00 – 15.20 Afternoon Break
15.20 – 16.15 Our PULCHRA experience, discussion in parallel sessions
Session 1: Opportunities and barriers to the Open Schooling Concept in practice. How stakeholder engagement and communication help in project implementation.
Session 2: Engaging students in school projects. Teachers’ experiences from different City Challenges.
How to involve students in school projects? What impact does PULCHRA have on this? What is the importance of open schooling projects for student learning?
Session 3: PULCHRA projects in the time of distance education. Use of PULCHRA materials and various tools and methods for online learning.
How to use PULCHRA materials when working online and individually? What materials and tools help in the projects? How to integrate the project materials into the lesson plan?
16:15 – 16:25 Conclusions
16:25 – 16:45 PULCHRA Snacks
Open discussion between participants, conclusions and next steps
Times are given in CET (Prague time, Vienna, Berlin), it means UTC + 1 hour